View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
So let me ask if all the rational (not us snowflakes) right leaning guys will you be ok with Trump declaring a national emergency over his desire to fulfill a campaign promise and by doing so setting a precedent you may wish wasn’t set if the next POTUS is a Democrat. If this was a democratic controlled government and the president declared a national emergency over gun violence in order to stop the sales of guns not used in the legitimate pursuit of hunting, you guys would be going absolutely nuts. You all know, regardless of whether you agree with the merits of a wall, this doesn’t meet the criteria to declare a national emergency. Will you be ok when he starts to take funds earmarke for fire and hurricane relief?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If he can constitutionally legally use the emergency declaration, it won’t be able to build the whole wall anyway since it won’t cover eminent domain, so yes I would be against that part of taking land.

Your other situation is NOT constitutional so it would be overturned unless Congress repeals the second amendment and everyone in the country should be against that if you want to be a free country.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.