View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #35
Zeal
Always a Rookie

No love for Joe Walsh? Such a shame! Satriani, Vai, Brian May, and Nuno Bettencourt all claimed him as their hero when introducing him on stage in Sevilla 1992! Talk about influence!

Mike P reminded me of the one saying that I can't remember where I got it from, maybe me when I was super bored, I don't know. But basically the very best musicians of our time are the one's we will never hear of and who have no fame outside the bar they are in.

Though about the first video listed, I'd have to honestly say Satriani reigns over Vai because Satriani was Steve Vai's guitar teacher! A video I have with someone interviewing Joe asked him about his former students (Vai and Skolnick) and Joe basically said Vai showed up at his doorstep as a little kid with a guitar in one hand and a pack of strings in the other and asked for help.

Beauty of that is after lessons and time Vai got famous and his ravings about Satriani, who was denied by pretty much every label out there, got Satch signed on and the rest is history!

"Your first word was "Fishing", not "Mom", not "Dad", "FISHING." - Mom

Black, White, Chartreuse/Parrot = the Holy Trinity
Zeal is offline   Reply With Quote