View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #90
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Again, when did I play that card Jim?
I cannot comprehend how you can ask that question, but once again, you played the race card when you said this...""There is plenty of evidence that a substantial portion of the members of the tea party are racist."

Not only is that clearly playing the race card, it's also nonsense. Your handful of friends do not represent "plenty" of evidence, nor do they represent a "substantial" portion of the Tea Party.

"some might say that a business tax code without loopholes would reduce the tax burden on a wider proportion of people."

If business tax hikes only impacted owners of a business, you would be correct. Zimmy, can you answer a question? Where do you think business tax revenue ultimately comes from? Do you grasp that when busines taxes are increased, that means everyone associated with that business pays more taxes? And that includes not just the rich owners, but also employees and customers? IS now a good time to increase the cost of doing business?

I agree that scofflaws like GE need to pay their share. But most businesses already pay their taxes, and increasing those rates now, may do more harm than good.

"please stop indicating that I should respond to everything you say"

If you won't respond to what I'm actually saying, I'd appreciate it if you didn't chime in just to call me a racist. But you are free to do that if you wish...