View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 04:47 PM   #14
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Did not mean to offend anyone. Just giving my opinion on a subject I am passionate about. Do you want blues guitarist's try Gary Moore-After Hours Album. Of course SRV, Roy Buchanan, Albert Lee- who was Claptons rhythm guitarist for a lot of his tours, Danny Gatton, Son Seals, M. Bloomfield, Robin Trower, Frank Marino, Duane Allman, etc. I am not trying to say he is a bum just not the best in my opinion. He is definately a commercial sucess you can't argue with that but that does not mean a lot in my book. For Pete's sake most people think he wrote I shot the Sherrif. His earlier stuff Bluesbreakers,Yardbirds, My guitar gently weeps(Beatles), Later Derrick and the Dominos, and of course Cream. That right there is quite a resume and shows he is not a bum. But not the best. I really do not like much of his more modern and mellower stuff. I guess there is really no way to say who is the best because each style requires different techniques but in my warped opinion If you want guys that can seem to play it all Rock, Blues, Jazz, Fussion check out anything by Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour, Robben Ford, Steve Morse, Joe Satriani, Danny Gatton, Steve Vai, etc there are many. If you are a blues guitarist enthusiast then you need to hear Gary Moore's After Hours. I will be happy to burn you a copy and send it to you. Please everyone has an opinion and I just voiced mine. I respect yours also just thought I would stir up a little discussion on the subject. P.M.
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote