View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #79
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Calling BS, I never talk politics outside of this forum, so no my words aren’t being heard by more than a small handful.

It's not just you. You are not naïve. You must know that the words you and PeteF speak on this forum are spoken by millions of others. INCLUDING THE MEDIA which blasts the electronic and print networks with the same words and labels and characterizations that you and PeteF spout here. Where do you get your notions? Most of your anti-Trump posts sound like regurgitations picked up from media sources. Your message is the mantra spoken by millions who didn't create it but speak it puppet like to anyone who will listen.

BUT millions heard Trumps words and they do matter and while he finally came out (wonder what pressure was brought to bear to make that happen, family or party), they were a bit late IMHO.

Too late for what? And he has made similar condemnations several times before. Was it always too late in your IMHO? Did those words not matter then? It has been clear that he is not Alt right, not a Nazi, not a misogynist, not a collaborator, not a White Nationalist, not a homophobe, misogynist, xenophobe, Fascist. And that has been clear for a long time to anyone with an objective view. It has been clear that, because of the strength of the economy, and that the disasters that were predicted because he was President have not happened, and that immigration was not a winning policy for the left, and that nothing policy wise seemed to destroy Trump, that the Dems had to concoct an incessant message of Trump being the anti-American evil traitor who hated everybody except radical right white men.

You defend the clown at every turn no surprise, no less than Jim on the market and economy (long term vision be damned), or Dangles best president ever.

No, I just point out the unreal, unjust accusations and characterization made about Trump. And you participate in those at every turn no surprise.

He is the President, like it or not. And if he had the full support of the people he would have more clout against China and NK, for instance. Instead, those enemies are encouraged by the words from the left and the rest of the anti-Trump puppets to resist giving up anything for the betterment of world economic and political security. We would all be better off on the big issues if we all supported him instead of trying to destroy him.

So, yeah, words matter. And yours are not helpful. They hurt the country. China has been eating our lunch for decades. And no President, or party, has done anything about that. They have enabled it, and made it worse. China is the big threat to Western Democracy and our American way of life, not Russia. Without China, Russia would be a political pimple.

And no President or party has fulfilled the promise to stop illegal immigration. They all made pretend moves that temporarily stanched public opinion, then moved on. It would help to support this President in his far more concerted attention and effort to resolve the problem if we all backed him instead of trying to stop everything he does and lying about him being a racist and against immigration, blah, blah.

And it would help if we all would admit that his tax and regulatory policies were good for the economy instead of constantly claiming that they had nothing to do with it and only benefited the rich and threatening to change everything back to the stagnant new normal.

Yeah, words matter.

God forbid I tried to change the discussion from partisan BS into something constructive, but where might that go. Do we want to talk about gun legislation or why or how someone with a screw loose can buy an assault weapon and put a 100 round magazine on it. Can you imagine the death toll had officers not been right there?

If nothing changes it will only increase, but if the NRA and lobbying keeps buying our policies we are doomed to repeat these over and over.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well, wouldn't that be the proper discussion in another thread? You didn't start this thread about gun control. Your title suggested it was about someone listening to and being motivated by Trump's words.

But if you want to change the subject, JohnR said he is willing to go at it with you. I would be interested in hearing that discussion.