View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
They drunk being prevented from starting his car wasn’t my primary comment, I was agreeing with old goat that cars as they are developed certainly can incorporate technology to prevent cell phone use if you are driving solo or under a certain age and that might be a freedom many might not want to give up
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I apologize for misunderstanding your intention or your primary comment. I mistakenly responded to your secondary comment, "Yes indeed, similar to the repeat drunk not being able to start their cars, but many here would consider that another lost freedom." I totally missed, or could not find the other comment.

In either case, I doubt that there would be many who would think that OLD GOAT's suggestion would create a loss of freedom. We generally, don't have an individual right to force car manufacturers on how to build their cars. On the other hand, maybe your right. Maybe many would consider it a loss of freedom. I would hope that there would also be a failsafe built in to such cars that they wouldn't come to an immediate stop while driving, especially on an expressway. Probably should have some warning that the car would slow down and then stop shortly if the phone was not off. Might be a good idea.

Last edited by detbuch; 03-20-2018 at 10:36 PM..