Thread: Gear...
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #23
Rockfish9

safety and survival

This sounds worse than it is... everyone is aware that any sport on or around water is/can be dangerous... Ice fishing has it's own dangers.. Early and late season falling in is a distinct possibility in these pictures I show a pair of spkies that when fit together can hang around your neck,or kept sepperated and brought out each sleeve in a jacket ... these babies can save your life... even if you cannot pull yourself to safety. you can hold yourself in place until help arrives... with out them. you have little chance... I've gotten myself out of a pickle twice with them .. trust me they WORK.. which leads me to the next devise.. the storm whistle... these things are LOUD.. and wrok even when full of water... clip it to your jacket... they could save you from being the victim of a hypothermia after a bad fall.. which leads me to the creepers... they come in all styles and forms... when i bought these ( I think they are called sta-bils.. just like the fuel treatment) they were the best on the market... I;ve seen some that are even better since then... not pictured here is a 50' length of poly rope tied to a floating seat cushion... that one is self explatory... I once rescued a skater on a pond by using my spare tier and the cable from my power winch... a floating devise of any kind is welcome in an emergency...

to the right of the safty equipment is the contents of an electricians bag it include is a box of water proof matches hand warmers and lip balm.. the lip balm is great for chapped- wind burned lips but being a petrolium product.. it can help light a fire when there is no viable tinder to be had... a candle packed in the kit doesnt take up much space and also can be a fire starting aid... also included are a few tools for changing auger blades ( as well as spare blades) a spare spark plug a few other goodies...such as hand warmers and spare tip up flags...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Safety items 1.jpg (135.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg safety items 2.jpg (126.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Tool bag 2.jpg (153.1 KB, 25 views)

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote