View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Likwid, it stands to reason that a high percentage of non-payers are in the South, since a high percentage of poor people are in the south.
Jim, this data is important though and you COULD make a similar argument that you and I have made against liberal states/cities. Why do they keep voting democrat when their cities continue to declince, etc?
You could argue that these states are voting for failed republican policies, resulting in their poverty. I dont think the argument holds water, but it could be made based on the chart.
One thing the chart doesnt show is how much these states pay towards the Fed govt. Texas for example pays a TON to the fed govt. so you can imply there are a lot of people with $$$ paying taxes and another % not making $ and thus not paying taxes.

I think this chart shows that red states vote mostly on social issues and not economic. So republicans score high in religious areas of the country. I also think this data will change significantly in 10 years if it hasnt changed already as blue states lose industry and populations migrate south. This is happenning in CA and will continue.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all