View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Thanks, Dave - then it would have been the 136 my old favorite was based on, but the 121-3M is starting to sound like the blank of choice for me. The super seeker composite sounds interesting but I'm looking for that soft-loading characteristic at a reasonable price-point

Yup, I'm familiar with the GSB's, I've been using a 120-1L locally as my primary stick since '99 and like it a lot but it gets dicey at 3 oz - used a 120 1m this fall, but it's not high on my immediate list right now

I know DZ uses the 1L with the tip slightly trimmed back as an all purpose rod for eels, riggies and plugs and we talked about it again last week - I may try that on my older 120 this season

I'll see what happens with the 108 3M early this spring - worst case scenario, I'll cut 2' off the butt and make it a freshie rod for plastics or 2' off the tip and use it for blackfish off the boat next fall...

Thanks again

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote