Thread: RIP Buddy
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Sluggoslinger

RIP Buddy

On tuesday, i lost my first dog, he was only 9 and it was totally sudden and unexpected. He was an incredible boy and i'm going to miss him so much. I got him in college and after graduation i moved home and he became my retired fathers dog. The two of them were inseperable. My father who is 75 is absolutely devistated, buddy was his best friend in the world. That dog even went to the dentist with him.

On monday he collapsed and our house sitter took him to an emergency clinic where they found he had cancer around his heart that had started to bleed. It was so agressive that there was nothing they could do. They drained the blood and he was back to his old self but the vet said it could last a couple hours or weeks but that the end was near. My parents flew back from vacation in florida, i took a red eye back from california and tuesday when my father and i went to see him, he had already taken a turn for the worst.

My father and i watched him die on a table while the vet rushed to administer the drugs that would take the pain away.

Tuesday was one of the worst days of my life. I feel so bad for my father... it just sucks.
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote