Thread: Albies
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #47
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

nope. I actually prefer this wind as it allows me to get out in my 14' tin boat. Southerlies make it tough for me.

They were in pretty close today. I had 5 fish on but only was able to get my hands on 2. I will say this they were the largest albies I have ever caught. One was 29" long and took my around 10 minutes to get in. All this action took place in about a 45 min. window, around 9:30. After that I found many pods and had lots of really good chances but no luck till 2 when I left. I covered a lot of ground for a tin boat. I did not see many fish caught in the whole area I fished today, actually didn't see one but I am sure someone in the area got at least one. I was all my my lonesome when I caught the fish I got. Lots of guys out there and I did not catch anything when fishing amongst the boats. I ran into Niko and fish4striper and they had come from the west and said they had a decent morning. I did see a lot of the larger boats head that way around 8:30 and never come back so I assume it was better in that direction. All were caught on a 4" white sluggo's.

To the kayak guys thinking of going Friday, I think it is worthwhile. Plenty there just got to hope they will eat your offering. They were in close and probably 10 to 15 kayak's out there so plenty of company. I'd get out there early. Good luck if you go. Here is what they are eating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sept 2013 001.jpg (159.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg sept 2013 003.jpg (126.7 KB, 27 views)

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote