View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #30
wader-dad

Two old maids lying in the sand each one's wishing that the other was a man- aint it crazy. Love the Dead.

First Dead show was Buffalo New York 1978 I think and During Tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&- "tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g off to Buffalo" the place went wild but no one flew away off their seats like legend has it during Wharf Rat at a concert. My girlfiend in high school embroidered the Europe 72 Album cover (rainbow side) on my jeans- I may still have them somewhere. Great shows at Radio City with accoustic sets in 1980 was it?
Also saw the New Riders about 16 times as those tickets where easier to get.

My 16 year old son is positive that being into the Dead means I must have been "doing weed" which apparently is the latest way to say smoking dope. I absolutley refuse to admit to my son any such activity.

He just got his first girlfriend and went over to her house to meet the parents. He was nervous as hell. The father and mother started asking him all sorts of questions like why his hair was long and then my son see some Dead CD's lying around and says oh my father is into the Dead and that broke the ice. Turns out that both are Dead fans and the father is some bass tournament guy. My sons says my father is Secretary of the CT Surcasters Assn and we fish together. Now the parents love him and told the daughter he is a great kid and so now of course since the parents like him, the girl is not sure.

The following is from a Hunter song "The End of the Road" with great surfcasting lyrics"

"My head was full of nothing but the pounding of the surf
And whirling kind of slowly like the spinning of the earth
Everything I lived for seemed played out like a joke
The all-night revelations and the poetry we spoke"

Peace man.
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote