Thread: Trump* on blame
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Got Stripers -

"Do I buy into Trump and Jim's arguement that if the limited China travel restrictions weren't taken millions would die, not in the least"

First, it's a blatant lie to say that is "my" statement. I posted links to experts, including Fauci, who made that claim. It's their statement, not mine. But because that statement supports Trump, and for that reason alone, you have to trivialize it as my statement.

Second, you believe the experts who say we dropped the ball early, and ignore the experts who say the early ban made a big difference. In other words, you believe the experts who bash Trump, and ignore the experts who say he makes good calls.

I have no idea who to believe and who not to believe, there are "experts" who say we are overreacting terribly, there are experts who say we aren't doing enough. I literally have no idea who to believe. I have no basis to believe some over others. You base your decision on whether or not to trust an expert, on whether or not what he's saying is bashing Trump.

Pelosi and Diblasio, as recently as late February, were explicitly telling people to continue to gather in public places. you haven't uttered a syllable about this. It's all Trumps fault.

And Gov Cuomo and Newsom, both very liberal, are complimenting Trump. But MSNBC tells you he is incompetent, and by jiminy that's good enough.

The left and the media went berserk when he ordered the travel ban. If he had simultaneously shut down businesses and schools, what would they have said? And would you have disagreed when MSNBC ad CNN called him a clueless dictator? We will never know, yet we do know. You'd have been leading the charge that he was a lunatic.

Hindsight obviously suggests that we should have done more, earlier. But I didn't hear many people (anyone, in fact?) calling for that, back then. Again, Trump was bashed for doing the one thing he did. But the same people who bashed him for doing anything, are now saying he didn't do enough, and you suck it up like a Hoover Deluxe.

60% of those Gallup polled say he's doing a good job.