Thread: FACTS
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #30
EarnedStripes44

Back in Action, or should I say, the action is back.

Is there something wrong with living in a 95% white town? Do you think the Real Estate agent whispered that to us before we bought? Should we force some of us out and some minorities in to balance things out? Shame on all 95% of us I guess. Should I be guilt ridden over this? -Stripersnipr

Nothing is wrong with living in a town that is 95% white. It's just a pity that their are no 95% black communities where the median income is $44,983, but you don't care, right, all meaningless stastistics, empirical evidence that maybe things are not all danishes and buttermilk pancakes? It's not your fault, your completely insulated. The status quo suits your fancy much like those comfortable business class seats on those flights to Geneva. In fact, the status quo works wonders on my behalf as well, it ensures that when I walk past a group of black teenagers at Jackson Crossing looking for trouble they will avoid me out of fear of BPD retribution and instead rob/assault one of their own kind. Less than 5% of black men make over 50,000, so armed black-on-black robbery should'nt much appeal to them considering they don't make much anyway. Only if they all lived in places like Plymouth or Manchester-By-The-Sea. Back to the English thing. The official state language of California (a state that was originally claimed by Spain and then Mexico) is English...but "California, on one hand, agreed to allow the publication of state documents in other languages to represent minority groups and immigrant communities. Languages, such as Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Tagalog (Filipino/Pilipino), Persian, Russian, Vietnamese and Thai appear in official state documents, and the Department of Motor Vehicles publishes in 47 languages". So I guess that is just to over the top for you, too much effort for your taxes, but how about that billions blown away in Iraq, there's your disposable income, all in cause of liberty and enduring freedom, or wait, was it weapons of mass destruction. Eventhough 96% of the U.S. populations speaks English "well or very well" as they put it, California goes out of its way to accomodate. By virtue of that alone it seems to be that English is the "cornerstone" language regardless of whether or not our government mandates it. Like I said before, there are bigger issues. We seem to eject certain elephants in our living rooms into space in favor of petty linguistic preferences.