View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #8
Finesse 23

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe
They prefer hotties.....Dotors tend to buy more off attractive young women....
Funny thing is ...that’s not a joke !!!

I have a bit of experience in this field, on one side of the fence more than the other. I’ve gone on sales calls and I have had to deal with reps !! I’ve also seen the herds of recruits coming in for sales training and vying for these positions. A vast majority of the recruits are extremely attractive young women. Regardless of male or female …. They are all extremely presentable, well groomed, articulate people with excellent interpersonal communications skills …They are the spokesman for their company so their image is synonymous with that of the company.

And its not that the Doc's buy from you its that you put the "seed" in their head about your company’s product. Just about every sample that anyone gets from a Dr's office went through the hands of a drug rep. It is then the hope that the Dr's will write a script for that drug (in the case of antibiotics they all but have to write for the same drug). Reps leave all sorts of trinkets (pens, pads, magnets, clipboards, penlights etc etc ) and occasionally bring lunch in for the office and nursing staff. This has even become a topic in the news of late. Its a huge marketing game. Bottom line a drug reps ultimate goal is to make sure the Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, .P.A.’s etc etc are fully aware of and will recommend, prescribe and even change prescriptions to their companies products.
Finesse 23 is offline   Reply With Quote