View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #20
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
I have a bridge from that island or did you overlook the word replaced. I think teamwork could be taught in other ways incorprorated into conditioning without having to beat the other person/team. How many injuries and deaths have to occur before we take a look at school sports? I honestly feel sports teach, reinforce and even promotes disrepect of others.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You're right. I'm going to take my 6 year old son out of soccer baseball, basketball and lacrosse because I don't want him to disrespect people.
It's mainly the parents job to teach a kid to be respectful, along with teachers and coaches. Don't blame sports. If a kid is disrespectful in sports, he or she will be disrespectful in other areas of life. Stop using sports as an excuse.
And if sports are so bad, why is it ok for them to play if it's privatized but not in school? Your argument is ridiculously flawed. And will privatizing sports end injuries and sports related deaths? How many deaths or serious injuries occured in sporting events at OA in 2011?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio