View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 05:45 PM   #115
detbuch

Originally Posted by detbuch
Lack of character? You want to talk about lack of character? People who throw rocks at other people who are not doing anything to them don't show the character of anyone I want coming here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So you either support the use of deadly force on all people in all events where things are thrown at police or you do not it's not a hard choice .

It would be helpful if you actually read the posts you respond to. I said nothing about deadly force. Although, I suppose, a well placed rock could kill someone. But, because it was a rock, not a gun, I'm guessing you wouldn't consider it deadly force. And I didn't say anything about making a choice, hard or easy.

Maybe you were talking to somebody else? Or maybe you merely didn't have a clear idea, a cogent thought, a shred of awareness, about what you were saying.

Or do you support this simply because of who they are are and where they are from

Again, where do you get that I support "this" or anything else? Again, pay attention. Read the actual words before your eyes, not the pre-conceived ones floating in your skull, waiting to pounce them out at whoever crosses your path.

Actually, I did make an implication about "who they are".

But not about where they are from. Is that another ready made slander lurking in your "world view" to blindly hurl at someone who has said nothing about ethnicity? At someone whom you have no knowledge about where he stands on the matter? Is that a sort of finisher, a coup de grāce to convincingly prove the merit of your argument and the ugly bias of your opponent? If so, it is a particularly deceitful and disgusting tactic to use in a civilized discussion.

As to "who they are," I clearly and specifically said "People who throw rocks at other people who are not doing anything to them". And about them that they "don't show the character of anyone I want coming here."

Now if you want to comment on what I actually said, that might be of interest.

its sad that our troops in Afghanistan wouldn't shoot people who throw rocks in a combat zone .. yet some American here see no issue with the idea ... must be that MAGA thing
Are you're equating the border situation to a combat zone? That implies that the "caravan" is more of a forceful attempt to enter the U.S. (invasion?) rather than a peaceful attempt, by mostly innocent women and children who are accompanied by some men.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-28-2018 at 05:53 PM..