View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you read the article you might understand Bill Gate's stance on income inequality and what concerns him about it and it's effect on society. Now of course since he is only a computer programmer and not a reality TV star he doesn't really understand the situation.
However he is likely the second wealthiest man in the world, far wealthier than almost anyone else including Mr Magic.
I don't care what Bill Gates has to say about income inequality. I asked what Pete F thinks about income inequality. I asked Pete F why it's bad if Bill Gates, or Oprah Winfrey, or Meryl Streep, get richer today. How does that hurt anyone? Any chance you can answer in your own words? I've asked twice now. Any chance you can answer?

"I'm sure you have black friends also."

I said that I side with liberals on some big issues, because I know how to think for myself. I'd be curious to know, on what big issues, do you disagree with liberals? Let's see who is narrow minded and who is not?

"However he is likely the second wealthiest man in the world"

Which makes him amazingly successful at computer code. It says nothing about his knowledge of the causes and effects of income inequality. If he cared so much about income inequality, why is he still the second richest person in the world? Why not keep 250 million, and give the rest away?