View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Your logic is flawed. The cost to run the whitehouse doesn’t stop when trump plays golf.
Nice try.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That's toward my point. To begin with, I separated the cost of running the White House and the cost for secret service protection. The secret service protection is continuous. It doesn't stop when he plays golf. Does it all of a sudden become $83 million more expensive when he plays golf? He plays golf for fiver hours. Protection is 24/7. How much of the $83 million is the continuous cost of protecting him, including the five hours for golf and how much is added to the fixed cost? Is there even any significant added cost? Does it cost more for the protection during that five hours?

Apparently, it is ridiculously expensive to protect a President 24/7. He is protected every time he poops. Presidential poop has got to be the most expensive poop in the world. Like much, or most, of our tax money, it is flushed down the toilet.

I would guess, perhaps wrongly, that most of that $83 million is the continuous cost of secret service protection. So the added cost, if any, is closer to zero than to the full $83 million.