View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #21
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Usually these voting ratings are simple up and down counts. They don't even factor in if the gun legislation in question was part of a larger bill with other beneficial elements, how many votes its based on or if it was even good legislation to begin with.

I think it's quite rational to believe someone from a major city like Chicago wouldn't be voting to expand gun ownership very often.

I'd also wager that if the NRA was specifically representing metropolitan gun owners they'd probably factor things differently.

Ultimately though, does anyone really feel that their right to hunt or protect their home is being infringed under current law? I don't see things changing all that much. This is mostly paranoia to help political groups like the NRA fundraise.

-spence
My 75 year old Uncle that had a restraining order placed on him 15 years ago by a vindictive girl friend, can't get an FID card in Ma. All he ever wanted to do was go to Maine once a week and hunt with his family. So the answer is yes, our rights are being infringed.

I think the NRA logic is the same as pro-choice logic. Any infringement is a start down the wrong path.