View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Again,don't interpret this as me being sympathetic to Obama or Spence. I have nothing but contempt for O, but I am not eating the vomit of Fox News like some...my reference to using the search was more in regards to our previous discussion regarding equal pay where you posted many articles supporting your stance,yet pretended none exist to the contrary,not that I expected you to but a search would prove they exist. I think it is great you have a Detbutch in your life to pick you up and hug you in these instances. I would do the same if I were to meet you,a man hug of course. You also seem to have a different view of a stable Iraq than some, but that is also your prerogative. I respect the fact you have an informed opinion although we do not always agree.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Due respect...every single study I have seen that shows a gender pay gap, simply compares average male salary to average female salary.

Every single study I have seen which normalizes for experience and hours worked (men typically work longer hours and have more experience, because they don't usually take time off for childbirth), shows no gender pay gap.

Thus, the pay gap is not a function of gender, it's a function of hours worked and experience.

I concede that articles to the contrary exist. But every single one that I have ever seen, is flawed, in that it doesn't make it an apples to apples comparison, because it doesn't compare equivalent males and females. I asked you to post a study which (1) had that necessary adjustment, and (2) still showed a gender pay gap. You didn't, presumably because you couldn't. Yet I bet you still believe there is a gender pay gap, and it's that refusal to concede mathematical facts, that I will never understand. That's not a matter of opinion, it's high school math.

I don't need Detbuch, though it's nice that we usually agree. And it's nice having him here because I learn fom him, even when we disagree.

Man hug back at you, have a good weekend.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-20-2015 at 02:03 PM..