Thread: kavanaugh
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #226
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The letter should not have been leaked. It was submitted with the understanding that it wouldn't be. It was a lie to leak it. But that is supposed to be OK. Only if Kavanaugh lies does it matter. Some lies are, apparently, more honest than others.

The "perfect time" to release it, would be when it is verified, corroborated. Otherwise, it is no more useful than a lie.

Making the letter public stirs up the expected rabid media and negative public reaction based on mere accusation without verification. These are the very things that should not be part of deliberations seeking actual facts and records regarding the verifiable qualifications of someone you wish to hire.

There are many reasons for dysfunctional government. Allowing this method of jaccuse to become standard procedure in hearings, campaigns, choosing political appointees, will only make government process more dysfunctional than it already is.
I’m disappointed, I was hoping for the explanation as to why the supposed ploy by the evil dems to delay, delay and delay involved such a late leak of the letter.

All you did was tell me what I already knew, that this poor women’s trust was betrayed by some (not a well coordinated dem-Clinton conspiracy) person who felt getting that information out there was more important.

One staffer likely thinking that was needed to prevent someone accused of attempted rape being confirmed to the highest post in our legal system is probably what happened. So tell me, you buying into his rant claiming that conspiracy is real and that happened, because you seemed to believe so and if so I’d refer you back to me previous post. Also, since we are in agreement (OMG mark the calendar) the letter release was wrong and that now we have an FBI investigation under way, does you opinion of the man change if they come back with enough to support her claim? Or does the actions of a beer drinking party crazed 17 year old not matter when we appoint someone to the highest court in the land; maybe not but would lying about it to the senate sway your vote?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Got Stripers; 10-01-2018 at 08:10 PM..