View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I've heard people saying racist things in Fenway before and I don't expect different from other parks. When it happens, throw the bums out. It is unacceptable, rude, and the domain of small minds.

"Yawkey" way is now much more than a mere former owner of the Sox. And it symbolizes far more good than bad today.

We cannot continue to allow the march of the revisionists through our institutions to go unchallenged. We can't allow every little grievance to be dissected, litigated, folded, mutilated, and/or reversed. I do not want to imply that racism at large is a "little grievance" but rather any little slight, intended or not, does not need to be drawn into the public square for critique and inspection. At the minute level it distracts time and resources from other endeavors and at the macro level it is a significant redirection of effort. (Gee - wonder who benefits with that? - Cui Bono ?? )

Fast forward to July 30th 2021

"Hey want to go to Fenway for the game - it is Big Papi Fund BobbleHead Night?"

"No, I am protesting Yawkey Way"

This is SILLY. This is the burning not of books but the burning of TIME.

Do well dwell on bad points in our history because of feelz? Or do we agree to do a better job with ourselves and our fellow citizens and move on?

People need to discard their Huggies and put on their Big Boy Pants - oh I'm sorry that might be offensive to someone - Big Xir Pants.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: