Thread: lock your car
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #28
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Unfortunately, by leaving your doors unlocked, you are only helping to keep these scumbags in business and prrevent them from getting caught.

Heck, why not just pin a $50 to the wind shield and call that an acceptable loss?

I'm not knocking people for trying to reter possible damages that these scum will create, but rather alerting you to the possiblilty that your actions are not a deterrent at all!

If you leave your vehicle unlocked all the time, these scumbags will come back time and time again hoping that one time you forget and leave valuables in your vehicle.

How about setting out "landmines" (bear traps) in your driveway and yard before a heavy snowfall, and see how LUCKY the scum bag really is??? (Of course you will need to remember where you plant them for your own safety!)
You don't live here. I do. If you think that the local cops are going to stake out Canal lots to catch smash and grab thieves, you're mistaken. A few years back, a couple of clowns with sawzalls were stealing catalytic converters in broad daylight from the Park and Ride in Sagamore. They only got caught because a Statie happened to be coming off the bridge and saw them in the act. One guy split, and the guy under the car working the sawzall couldn't get out from underneath in time. Not too long ago, it was so bad that a certain Statie took it upon himself to cruise the Canal lots, and even the service road, checking things out and warning fishermen about the rash of car break-ins. Locking your doors only slows them down. Takes 2 seconds to wrap a rock in an old sock and smash a window.

Greg, after too many insurance claims, some companies will drop your full glass coverage. And driving home sitting on shards of broken glass sucks. I've done it.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote