View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Aren't all states overwhelmingly white?

http://www.americashealthrankings.org/

The healthiest states are mostly liberal.

Liberal states have higher taxes which they put into social services which makes poor people's lives better. Cons. states have lower taxes which is reflected in the poor having worse lives. Basically, the conserv. states have no compassion for anyone worse off then themselves bc they think the taxes are going to lazy Blacks who are just looking for handouts. This is why cons. want vouchers - they know the poor Blacks will never be able to afford a private school anyways, so they might as well take $ from the public schools and give it to themselves so they can go a private school.
"Aren't all states overwhelmingly white?"

Getting desperate. Yes, all states are majority white. Some states are more white than others. Still with me? His list of the best states, are 75% less black, than the national average. That's not a trivial difference. Perhaps you might benefit from taking a math class.

"{Liberal states have higher taxes which they put into social services which makes poor people's lives better."

Says who? I reject that it makes their lives "better" (or I would be liberal). Take a stroll through the biggest cities in CT (Hartford, Bridgeport). These cities have been under liberal control for 50 years, no one would say the quality of life is better than it was when I was a kid. The empirical evidence absolutely rejects your conclusion that liberal welfare helps these people in total. It helps some, of course.

"Cons. states have lower taxes which is reflected in the poor having worse lives"

Wild assumption on your part. Why do poor people stay in those states?

"the conserv. states have no compassion for anyone worse off then themselves"

Ah, the pathetic, and demonstrably false statement, that liberals have a monopoly on compassion.

Try reading this study on this issue...shows that conservatives actually are slightly more generous, than liberals. This from the New York Times, worth noting...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/op...stof.html?_r=0

All you have are baseless, ridiculous insults.