View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #42
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I have talked to my daughter and a friends daughter who are in college and they both voted for Obama. They told me that most kids in school believe the US goverment and Bush created the 9/11 mass murder of thousands. Now thats indicitive of what the left has created. Not what Bush did or didn't do. It became cool to bash Bush and jump on the Obama band wagon. We have a lot of very cool people here on Striper Talk.
Buckman, with all completely due respect, a lot of your responses to objective, cited comments are just subjective opinions.

My roommate is a high school teacher, my girlfriend is finishing her undergrad and entering grad school and neither of them agree with anything you just stated above. While I have no doubt some people are ignorant enough to bite in to the conspiracies, "most kids in school" certainly do not believe the Bush administration orchestrated the 9/11 attacks.

Also, "the left" in no way has every stated that Bush created the events of 9/11. Political idiots and conspiracy theorists created that idea. People that believe that garbage shouldn't be allowed an opinion.

And one more thing, just because someone criticizes Bush, does not mean they are from "the left" or "liberals", otherwise, 2/3rds of the the Republicans in Congress must be from the left and liberals - half of which have been criticizing Bush for 4 years now.

There are no doubt people that jumped on the Obama bandwagon, and I have personally called those people out. On the other hand, the "cool people here on Stripertalk" that you're inferring have done the same thing have stated specifics as to why they like him, his policies and his approach to being President.

When someone spouts out some factless, uneducated or fabricated reason for why they like Obama over Bush, then you can accuse people here of "jumping on the wagon with the cool kids." I've been bashing Bush for well over 4 years now, before Obama was even around.

**Edit** I'm too slow in my responses. I respect your change of "most" to "many". There are definitely some real bozos out there.