View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 06:41 AM   #9
Bill

There isnt a much more to add to johns thread! He did a good job on it.I guess he was paying attention!!

I was asked more than once to do a "presentation" on eel fishing from various groups but, It was something I was never into.You can stretch it out and talk about eel fishing for a couple of hours and show some slides and stuff but, it all comes down to an attitude.If you trust in what your fishing with it will work.Faith and sticking with it are very important.Eels have a great way of helping big fish hook up on your line.There are only two rules to remember.

1)When your fishing eels,Go Slow! And then slow it down somemore!

2)Dont be afraid to let the fish run with the bait for at least a 10 count!

My hiatus from fishing stems from a few reasons,The first is that I just dont have the time anymore.Before I was married I was fishing 7 nights a week for many years all season! Then A year after the marriage I was blessed with a child!She takes up alot of time and energy and well, priorities just have to change.I also realized that if I wanted to be responsible I needed to work and not waste my life on a beach 7 nights a week never seeing the sunshine. When I was single I only had myself to answer to and, No one cared that I slept all the day away,there are now two other people in my life that say differently.

As for the drums and band? I have always loved music and played the drums as a kid.While I have changed in many ways,I still need an outlet,and music fits my life just fine.Its alot of fun and only take up 2 nights a week of my time.I will never be a rock star but Im kinda living a Childhood dream playing in a rockband.We are acually not that bad and play lots of local clubs in the warwick,cranston area.Its just fun to do!

Fishing was an obsession and I just cant do it half a$$.I never wanted to end up a weekend warrior.Someday I will pick the rod back up but, for now,It can hang in the shed.The fish will (hopefully) always be there.I am happy I reached my goal of a 50lb fish along with many,many others in the 30-40lb range.I have great memories and have fished many great places from the cape to block island.Experianced just about every senario I could have in the suds from all out blitzes to raging seas and every extreme in between.

PS,If and when I pick up the rod again,The eel will be the first bait I reach for!!!
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote