Old 01-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
the questions I asked and you didn't answer
1. Who said you would
Have to live in a yurt
Give up every comfort you know
2.What glaciers did you visit in Alaska, how much have they changed?
How much "old" ice is left in the Arctic?
What happened to the Long Island lobster fishery?
Why do Hurricanes and cyclones do more damage?
Does the insurance company you work for see climatic threats or are they waiting for “real” proof before they reassess their exposure?
3.So insurance firms are waiting for?

But perhaps you could tell me
1. What the Massive sacrifices people are being asked to make are?
2. Who the self-described leaders are that all have Mansions and Private Jets (I thought that you would think those are good things, perhaps they should burn them)?
no one said i’d live in a yurt. it’s called humor. not something liberals are known for.

i visited a few glaciers in glacier bay, they are shrinking. i conceded that.

i don’t know how much oldmuce is left.

don’t know what happened to long island and ct lobster fishing. but lobsters are doing ok in RI and cape cod bay. so is weather different in LI and CT?

i don’t know why hurricanes and cyclones do
more damage. i’m not sure anyone else knows either . i can build a model that says it’s because of climate change.

my insurance company is pricing for recent changes in hurricanes. they don’t know what’s causing the recent trends, or if they can be reversed. neither does anyone else.

carbon taxes are sacrifices we’d be asked to make. potentially big sacrifices. are you saying we don’t have to do anything different, in order to undo the damage?

the hypocritical, self described leaders are al gore, everyinenin Hillywood, and democrats in congress.

i do say mansions and jets are good if people want to buy them. but those who buy them, shouldn’t tell everyone else
not to buy them.

that’s liberalism. never about what “they” should
do, always about what “we” should
do.

lead by example, or shut up.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device