Thread: Apple Inc
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #51
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Do you pay more than you have to? Why should the Apple shareholders? Thanks to the tax incentives, the irs will get 38 billion they otherwise would it have. That’s a good thing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You are missing the point. The only good thing about the 38 bil. to the IRS is that it is happening now. Much of that should never have been offshore and taxes should have been paid in the years it accrued. The Government is allowing them to pay a discount and pay late. There are two sets of books.... We will never know exactly how much was stashed offshore. This was their window of opportunity to settle for less, possibly much less than they would have owed, and to have a clean slate going forward. So my question back to you is why couldn't I do that???? Can I go back and amend my past twenty years of taxes and pay them at this years' lower rates???? Think they will cut me a big check for the difference????

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.