View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 11:42 PM   #15
Jigman

A couple of notes. I use my stuff in freshwater. For saltwater, additional weight or larger hooks may also be used. Also, I like my plugs with a front treble and a treble on the tail. The plug could also be made with an additional treble on the body or a siwash on the tail. You may have to mess with the weight a little if you go this route. When slow waked on top, the plug will have a nice wiggle with some roll. If you want less roll, you can grind the edges of the lip some so that the sides of the lip are straight rather than rounded. The tail width can also be modified to change the action some too. Same for wood type that you use. Try several and see what works best for you. To make a larger sized version, just increase the dimensions to the size that you want. The width at the front should be the same as the width of the lip you use. The version I’ve shown is one I’ve been working on for a while and it works how I want. You can use the above as a starting point and experiment to get the action you want from your plug. Be sure to post photos of the ones you come up with. Don’t worry, I don’t mind people copying this one for their own use Happy turning

Jigman
Jigman is offline   Reply With Quote