View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #28
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Don't know Brian. What do we do?

Do we continue to ignore it so that the issue goes from 2 million to 4 to 12 million? Or do we wait until it is 16 million or 24 million?

We can't discuss with intent to resolve it because the politicians don't want to discuss something that might jeopardize their re-elections - in the meantime each side panders to their base by only pushing their position - in order to get re-elected.

Do we make a system that would require the only "amnesty" would be those that are willing to go home and apply through the front door?
I'm thinking in terms of number$. What will it cost to find, deport and then let them reapply. Is it even logistically feasible.

Some way of streamlining applying for those already here needs to be developed, with priority given to those who are contributing (military service, getting an education etc..). If you don't qualify (i.e. convicted of a crime) home you go.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"