Thread: interesting
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Is that a form of a straw man arguement?

Show me where anyone accused you of being racist here.

Did I say minorities are home all day? Pls. point that out.
Sigh.

I asked you, why the ID requirement is more harmful to blacks than to whites. I asked for specific reasons.

What we got from you., was a series of quotes from people who agree it's more harmful to blacks.

That doesn't respond to my question, not even close. I didn't ask you "who else agrees with you"? What I asked for, was a reason why.

You said fewer blacks have driver's licenses than whites. That doesn't answer my question either. Because if there are 100 blacks without a driver's license, and 5 whites, you are saying that the blacks have "less access" to government id's than the whites.

That's what you said - they have less access.

I'd like to know why you think that is? Based on what, exactly? Why i sthe process for getting ids, more cumbersome for blacks than it is for whites?

If you cannot answer that, then why do you believe what you believe? There's not a singke opinion I have, that I can't justify with pertinent supporting logic. All you have here, is a baseless accusation that the process is racist.

If it's a cultural thing, that blacks are just too lazy to go to city hal;l to get the card, that's a function of their cultural failure, it's not a function of racism. Because the fact is (unless you can explain otherwise), they have the exact same access to thise ids that I have. The same exact access.

Either tell me why I am wrong, or admit you can't support your opinion...