Thread: interesting
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 01:41 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Do I have to spell it out? A lower % of minorities and students have licenses bc they have less need for a car bc of living in cities.

Do you agree that there is little fraud in our elections?
Let me try again, because you are not answering the question that is being asked.

I concede that a higher % of blacks don't have a driver's livcense, than the corresponding % of whites.

Here is my question...if you don't have a driver's license, you can get another photo id. Why is it harder for blacks to get that id, than it is for whites?

Do blacks have, or do they not have, the same exact access to an alternate form of government id, as whites?

"Do you agree that there is little fraud in our elections"

Here, I will show you how to give a direct answer to a direct question, which you haven't been able to do for me yet. YES, I agree that voter fraud isn't a huge issue. See? I answered the question which you are asking.

I also contend that while it isn't a huge issue, it is a minor issue, and if it can be minimized by asking people to get a photo ide, I fail to see how that violates anyone's rights. What that does, is preserve the integrity of the voting process.

I do not have a strong opinion on requiring phot ids. What I do feel strongly about, is that the idea has no racial implications whatsoever. Every single black person who doesn't have a driver's license but wants to vote, can get his ass to town hall or wherever and get the alternate photo id.

Now, please tell us, why it's harder for blacks to get an alternate form pf photo id (besides a drivers license) compared to whites? I concede yoru point that MORE blacks need such a photo id. But your side says that it's HARDER for blacks to get that id. That's what I dispute.