View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 10:31 AM   #18
wdmso

Some take always from Jims research

Jim suggests Republicans distrust in Government come from the same well as blacks distrust of the government when in comes to health care

Jim claimed there’s zero institutional racism in healthcare today.

Jim you injected racism into the argument not I …. I re read what I post which was

Hesitancy for white conservatives, he said, hinges on “distrust of government,” while for Hispanic and Black residents it’s often a “lack of trust in the health care system” because of generations of disparities in the American system.

Racism wasn’t even mentioned your CRT brain injected the idea then you tried to make it about private health insurance ?

blacks are disproportionately less likely to have jobs that offer health insurance

Seems you can’t stay on topic you double down on the same old position over and over , it’s your go to response in defending conservatives? But but black this or black that!

And even after seeing study after study regarding lack of Medicare expansion in states with the highest affected population and other impediments you pivot again

and like good conservative you blame liberalism and black fathers and all the usual suspects I assume for the low vaccines rates

I get many different responses in my google search but none are 1 dimensional on this topic of lower vaccines rates in blacks and others

African Americans do not have the lowest vaccination rate in the state of California

or I get a yahoo reprint of a Washington examiner story The same article claims one thing then admits full up to date statistics are not available! Then they go on to say that access to the shots is a greater barrier for black people. Measures of vaccine hesitancy by racial groups overlook barriers to access, Can you believe that. https://news.yahoo.com/black-people-...150200517.html

In the United States, black people have the lowest vaccination rates of any racial or ethnic group. Although full up-to-date statistics are not available, data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that the share of black people who are vaccinated is about 6 to 7 percentage points lower than that of white or Hispanic people and 10 percentage points lower than that of Asians. The CDC's breakdown by demographic, though, reflects less than 70% of all shots administered since December 2020.

Vaccine hesitancy rates in black and white people are similar, NPR/Marist Polling shows — 25% and 28% respectively, suggesting that access to the shots is a greater barrier for black people. Measures of vaccine hesitancy by racial groups overlook barriers to access, Benjamin said, such as hardship taking time away from work to get the shots, as well as other "structural things that disproportionately get in the way of communities of color being vaccinated."

Or other articles speaking about the vaccine roll out failures

Black Americans are receiving covid vaccinations at dramatically lower rates than white Americans in the first weeks of the chaotic rollout, according to a new KHN analysis. Access issues and mistrust rooted in structural racism appear to be the major factors leaving Black health care workers behind in the quest to vaccinate the nation. The unbalanced uptake among what might seem like a relatively easy-to-vaccinate workforce doesn’t bode well for the rest of the country’s dispersed population.

Vaccination rates lag in communities of color, but it's not only due to hesitancy, experts say

Here’s an interesting site https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...ographics.html

so to recap conservatives vaccines hesitated people and black vaccines hesitated people their hesitation is not