View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #9
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed morini View Post
It is very important that you have a compressor that that has sufficient cfm's to work the gun. The 10 psi at the tip is considered ok for atomization of the fluid. Having said that the size tip is also very important. For latex usually 1.2- 1.4 tip is required...check paint specs. and gun specs for these tips.

I sprayed exclusively with hvlp both turbine and conversion guns with excellent results, using all types of finish. http://www.gleempaint.com/hvcongunnew.html has a great gun for beginners, and will work with with a smaller compressor..read the accompanying article and check out the tip sizes.

Ed
Thanks Ed, I had seen that gun and did some additional googling and others said they had issues with it and recommended the Astro. My mind naturally gravitated that direction due to the lower price of the astro as well. I just bit the bullet and bought the Wagner based on some of the rave reviews I read and the ability to find more real reviews on that gun in comparison with the Astro. I think I'll be happy.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote