View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Im in RI, but I would imagine that what will happen is that Mass property taxes will triple and you will see all sorts of new fees and licensing to squeeze money from somewhere else.
They can't raise property taxes without a vote, so that would never happen. I still can't figure out why the property taxes in RI are so high. You're right about the fees for drivers licenses, fishing and hunting licenses, etc..... They'll just take the money from a different pocket on the resident's pair of pants.

I agree with Jimmy about sending a message though. Even if the votes are there, the state can still keep the income tax in effect. There's a loophole in the way the proposal is written. But, if enough people vote to repeal the tax, it sends a message that we're fed up of our hard earned money going to redecorating politicians offices, etc...

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio