View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #16
Islander77

Spence, RIrock, And JohnyD...
My rant about the failure we have as presidentis more aimed towards the facts that he allowed this to happen. Now as far as show you proof ask NOAA/NMFS to get out observer reports for the last 5 years that are sitting in closets and storerooms ignored.. or shredded... The cod/ haddock argument.. Talk to the ones who DROPPED teh legal size so draggers could waste the biomass... I think its a little funny that we have the person we do in the head seat of noaa... She WAS appointed by Obama... Is there ever a good time to make repos/ foreclosures.. Obviously not but when some one throws money at GMC, Banks and yet tells the FISHING industry, that " If we want a buyback/ buyout program, IT HAS TO BE INDUSTRY FUNDED.." So the ones who decide to stay in for whatever reason have to pay for it for their lives??? As I have said I am all about conservaion not devastation. If left alone they collapse, buy what? The thought that some of us are over fishing is in a nut shell REDONKULOUS... We cant keep what we catch??? How in the world is the USA reliant on other countries for seafood??? YES 80% of the seafood in this country is IMPORTED So if we are overfishing why is that??? Thesystem needs to change.. Alternatives give people their FAIR share of a quota end of story.. OH and if you think NMFS/NOAA will " Be able to change regulations quickly if needed..." I got some great ocean front property for you in AZ....