View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 06:47 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How about the women that are under the influence of his stature or even beauty contestants for his pageants? Are they going along willingly?

I can't even believe you're serious here.
If a women really objects, but doesn't protest or pull away, how is one to interpret that? And are you saying that there are no women who are willing for the sake of some reward whatever that may be? Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe there are. And in the female realm of beauty queens and gold diggers and power seekers and seekers of advancement or for the sheer excitement and fascination of being touched or bedded by powerful and glamorous men, yes I do believe such women exist. And not just a teeny bit of them. He did say "when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything." And I take it that Trump was familiar with the type and was who he meant by those who would LET you.

But I can be wrong. Maybe he did mean all women. I don't for sure know. I do believe that in his world of high fashion, high society, wealth and power, the game is different than in the normal world. In any event, it was crude, but not, in itself, misogynistic--and not so different than a JFK world.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-16-2018 at 07:01 PM..