View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Is this guy some expert on what this country used to be? Did it used to be the alternative to living in Ecuador? What is he doing to change Ecuador? Does he believe that half of Ecuador, or more, should come here and make this country what it used to be? Will that make Ecuador a better country?

You've got a lot of questions for someone who only wants answers. He has an opinion on how America is now to Hispanic immigrants and a broken belief in what some think America was, I would think you would be happy with his viewpoint of Trump's America

It seems, if we're to believe the narrative, that the majority of Central Americans are oppressed, in danger of death, impoverished, and at the mercy of criminals. And this guy feels they must need to come to the U.S. and help America be what it used to be.

Where did he say that in any manner, shape or form?

He is not grateful for being here as a successful (I presume) attorney, but feels that he has been betrayed by his new country. And that every other person who believed in it has also been betrayed. It sounds like he would be miserable wherever he lived unless the place was a reflection of what he believed--like he is the center of the universe, and it must listen to him.
Chévere, we all have bad days, some would say the same about you and change.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin