View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Show me the quote from people at CNN saying that"

Here's the quote...

Boykin, a CNN commentator, who said he’s known Smollet for eight years, was "devastated" by the news.

“It’s heartbreaking," he said. "I’m hoping still despite all the overwhelming evidence that is presented that it’s not true

If you're hoping it's not true that he made this up, that necessarily means you are hoping that the hate crime actually happened.

Think about it, make believe you had a friend and he was accused of something bad. What would you say?

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...zxX3tD2GqaDJLY

Another way to look at it:“Good news is Melania’s speech got more publicity than any in the history of politics,” he said, “especially if you believe that all press is good press!”

"You certainly think, that someone did something really stupid, was a good outcome and it fits right into your narrative."

Look Einstein, either this bigoted hate crime happened, or it didn't. I hop it didn't. That means this guy made it up, and I'm sorry for that, I'm not calling for his head, I feel sorry for the guy, although if he did it just to get a salary increase, that's pretty darn bad.

My agenda is to address the real hate and get past the fake hate. If your agenda is a lot different than that, that's your problem.

"Liberals hurt themselves, Conservatives kill others might be the narrative"

Right, right. The 500 murders every year in Chicago, are done by the tiny minority on the city who are Republicans? Or is it all white Republicans from the suburbs who come in to shoot blacks? Stockbrokers and surgeons from the suburbs, go into the city on weekends to shoot blacks, is that what it is?

You're replying to something I never said, as usual. Are you saying all blacks are liberals or just that murderers if they are not right wing terrorists are all liberals?

You're not worth talking to, it took that comment for me to realize that. It was such a stupid, demonstrably false, divisive comment. One of the dumbest things I've ever read.

BOTH SIDES have homicidal maniacs. Hate to break it to you.
Right-wing extremism in the United States appears to be growing. The number of terrorist attacks by far-right perpetrators rose over the past decade, more than quadrupling between 2016 and 2017. The recent pipe bombs and the October 27, 2018, synagogue attack in Pittsburgh are symptomatic of this trend. U.S. federal and local agencies need to quickly double down to counter this threat. There has also been a rise in far-right attacks in Europe, jumping 43 percent between 2016 and 2017.

The threat from right-wing terrorism in the United States—and Europe—appears to be rising. Of particular concern are white supremacists and anti-government extremists, such as militia groups and so-called sovereign citizens interested in plotting attacks against government, racial, religious, and political targets in the United States. The October 27, 2018, Pittsburgh synagogue shooting by Robert Bowers, and the arrest a day earlier of Cesar Sayoc who sent pipe bombs to prominent Democrats, appear to be the most recent manifestations of this trend. Both perpetrators were far-right extremists. Although violent left-wing groups and individuals also present a threat, far-right-networks appear to be better armed and larger. There also is a continuing threat from extremists inspired by the Islamic State and al-Qaeda. But the number of attacks from right-wing extremists since 2014 has been greater than attacks from Islamic extremists.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin