Thread: ACORN Again...
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I think there are indictments in like 28 states. Oh ya, right wing "mis-characterizations".
Spence, it's ironic that you defend a radical, federally assisted, corrupt, left wing organization by blaming the radical right
I guess it would be important to understand what the indictments were actually for. The accusations are not that ACORN was engaged in voter fraud, but rather illegally registering voters.

Why?

Because the people they hired figured out they could make more money for themselves as they were paid on the number of registrations they obtained!

It certainly should be investigated and prosecuted as appropriate, but it's a long way from the 2008 campaign rhetoric that ACORN was spearheading a massive election scandal.

As for Federal funding, I think they have only been able to get 3 or 4 millions dollars a year nationally. That's not a lot of money and they have done value added work.

I'm no ACORN advocate, but how the Right has used them as a straw man is pretty silly and manipulative. Watching FOX News you'd think this was a bigger issue than terrorism.

-spence