View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Linesider82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
I am a little confused with your question so this is my process, hope it helps. I don't use the sq ends when I build. Some do, some don't. Before I take plug out of lathe after final sanding I mark where everything is going to be on plug with pencil and then turn on lathe and mark the spots around the whole plug. Off lathe then thru holes are done. Then sq ends are cut off. Hydro is then done if one chooses to do. I feel darters benefit from this process. Then plug goes into a V block type jig and belly holes are drilled according to the hydro mark. Then I use the belly holes for everything else like slopes, flats, belly wgts., lips slots, eyes, etc... . All my fixtures use the belly holes for orientation. I do eyes with hand drill and forstner bit on the marks made from the pencil marks before it came off lathe. Hope that helps. Paul
Yes, that's the answer I was looking for, just use the belly hole! I'll have to build a sled, maybe cut a dado slot down a board as my "u" sled rather than a V. Thanks Paul
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote