View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I get ready to fish a little of the dropping tide when...

Actually I make my first cast at the end of Bell Road, on the best rock, (because no one was there, parking lot completely empty)when this guy and his entourage of four children and one other adult male walks up and starts to regale me with his fishing prowess. Starts in with how he belongs to the Worcester Surfcasters and he fishes the canal all the time. He tells me what kind of gear he uses, and then asked me if I fish around the corner.

Now I hook up on the first cast and I am gently pulling in this not so big fish. This guy is giving his entourage the play by play, even pointing out that it was probably a bluefish and not to big. Well it was a striper and wasn't to big. Thought my wife was with me for a minute. But anyway, after I throw it right back, the guy asked me don't you eat them, my reply was"not that small (26 inches probably)".

The guy sits right down behind me on the flat rock right in front of the bushes. I stare at him for a minute and decide I am not moving, so I hope he knows where the Tobey is. He stayed there
sitting within 12 inches of my white four ounze Ronzee backcast for fifteen minutes, and thats with the ten footer. If I had been using the 11 1/2 footer I would have been cleaning his ears with my backcast. He was either slightly intoxicated or somewhat ignorant. He didn't have any gear with him, they were just out for a walk.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote