View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #23
Canalman
Calling Jon The Fisherman

Flap, my lure was made in the style of a freshwater swimbait, see the Spro BBZ-1. I used the same weight ratios and locations to make the lure swim like one. I will say that I did this before I added the fins which COULD impede the action, but I didn't want to have something unexpected happen to my bait one day before plugfest.

I must say I do take a little bit of offense from that, you know that i am an action-oriented guy. You have swam my plugs, I think you even said that you really liked the way my A40's swam and one of my needles. I make one crazy plug per year for this contest, no I wouldn't fish that Albie, not because it doesn't swim, but because it took me a long time to complete it. (but if I made a trout or sunfish some freshwater guy would be all over casting that to a big largie)

Finally, and I know this wasn't said or implied-- but I don;t enter this contest so i can win every year, I enter it because I enjoy competition and enjoy putting everything I have creatively into something that goes along with fishing--it's fun for me and this contest gives me a reason to do it.

Personally, I think the panel of judges sounds too complicated, this is supposed to be a fun event that is totally casual and again FUN. If you're concerned that people didn;t know that your plug was a perfect replica (I did and I voted for it), then maybe next year plugs for the restoration category should be submitted with a photo of the original? Why take the voting away from your plug building peers, to me that's the only way to go.

-Dave

Surf Asylum Lures, Custom Lures for the "Committed"
Official S-B Sponsor
Canalman is offline   Reply With Quote