View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 01:03 PM   #63
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No Jim,
Radical Republicans ended slavery, not conservatives.
And the end of the Jim Crow era with the aid of the Northern Democrats pushed Southern Conservatives to the Republican Party.

However it came about, many Southern Democrats, or at least their children, joined Southern Republicans to form majorities, and, in conjuction with those Republican majorities, the South gradually became less racist.

I don’t have any need to hide my views on abortion, I don’t think we’re required to believe in your religion.

So then, Jim wanted to know why the word abortion is so persistently replaced by euphemisms such as "women's health"?

Sorry but I think public education is important, not perfect but needed.
Left to their own conservatives would have no federal support for education.
And then if every state was as poorly educated as Republican controlled states, we’d have more Trumps and DeSantis’
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Federal support for education, especially when it's used as a lever to dictate what and how is to be taught, is an unconstitutional power grab by Progressive authoritarians who are transforming us into an unlimited form of centralized government.

The public school teachers in the Republican controlled states graduated from the same Progressive education departments that dictate the programs of the vast majority of American colleges and universities. So the Republican controlled states are being educated just as well or poorly as the other states. Culture pretty much decides the amount and quality of what is learned. The quality of the learning of most black students in Democrat controlled states would be considered poorly educated. As well so for culturally backward whites. And the federal government has not provided an authoritarian solution to that problem. On the contrary, it seems to exacerbate the problem by not demanding, in its beneficent authoritarian way, that culturally backward families get their $hit together. Rather, it deems giving those folks more security and goodies will somehow transform their ways.

Of course, that gives the political power grabbers some statistical fodder to demand more power.