View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
NIB

This little pump is all you need.Not bad money and draws around 1/4 amp..Get a better stone diffuser.I could not find the Dayton pumps.A friend has this one.It's so quite you can't tell if it's running..Keeping the water cool and fresh is as or more important than the amount of air..I use plastic pepsi bottles with frozen water in em.You do not want to add ice with bunker.They don't like the fresh water.I do use a Keep Alive water additive.It promotes fish slime,keeps em calm. That's good as they are more active when stressed which in turn they will need more oxygen.Don't over do it..You could fashion a tank from a plastic 60 gallon drum also.Lots of guys I now use em.The car wash places get their soap in these and have em for nothing..Cut it a little bigger than half.You can make a top out of 3/4 plywood set down about 3 inches.This keeps the water from going all over when filling with a pail..Screw it in from the sides.Some silicone..Cut out a door,use a hinge and a little closer lock..I would suggest to poly the lid..Install a drain cock on the bottom.Or as close to the bootom as you can..Your going to have to be inventive here.Use A Marine grade chaulk/sealant.A drain with a valve helps.With a detachable hose.Some don't use a valve,They tape off a S hook on the hose and secure it above the water line..You will use this to drain water(da).You will need at least of foot of water in a pail to transport your bait to your fishing location.I have made maybe 5 or six of these over the years.We used to have a 200 gallon tank for group Bunker/herring runs.You can penn Bunker also.If they have enough room they will last quite a while as long as the water is cool..If you want a I can take a pic of my set-up.It used to be THE way to fish for large in the spring/summer here in NJ..

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote