View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #21
BasicPatrick
M.S.B.A.

Location: I live in the Villiage of Hyannis in the Town of Barnstable in the Commonwealth of MA
Send a message via AIM to BasicPatrick Send a message via Yahoo to BasicPatrick
A lot of guys on the site donated to the Fishing Academy Raffle via RoyL. I was at the show on Sunday and asked how the raffle was going. Roy told me it was a bit slow and I bought some tickets. I had some budget for a few plugs but BigFish was out of "Prey" and CMS did not have the Beachmaster that I was looking for. I ended up buyiung more tickets to this great Raffle.

I love the Fishing Academy as the office is in the part of Boston I grew up in and they target kids who grew up like me. I was going to be at the show for the end so I went and purchased another batch of tickets just before the drawing.

Jay Baver mixed up the jar of tickets and a little girl from the crowd pulled a ticket....MY TICKET!!!!!!!!.....WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

After a few pictures etc, I thanked the girl and asked if she likes to fish, she said "no but my uncle does" so I handed her a Gag's Flippin Mullet and told her to give it to her Uncle because she was great.

I then took the Aquaskinz Small Plug Bag (there was a "Small Tall" and a "Small")and filled it with some plugs & items I did not want or was willing to spare. In all I donated back a plug bag filled and told Roy and John to go raffle or auction it off somewhere to make even more money for the kids. Just the right thing to do.

This was a Sick Prize PKG...AWESOME...Thanks to all that supported the raffle....her are the contents of the winnings:

Last edited by BasicPatrick; 04-07-2008 at 08:53 PM..

"It is impossible to complain and to achieve at the same time"--Basic Patrick (on a good day)

BasicPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote