Thread: New Mexico
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 08:40 AM   #29
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
pretty sure China is a bigger threat than Putin.
Both will work together to undermine the US. If there are three world players that would be the US, China, Russia - which of the three is the least problem?

You can add a 4th with the EU but they are not as important nor effective as their potential would make them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Yes and no. China is playing the long game but we have a lot of influence if we play our cards right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Russia plays checkers and China is playing chess.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No, both play chess. We play checkers and have some for a while now - probably since after Bush the elder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Again, you put out misinformation. It was specifically about Russia being the "greatest geopolitical threat" not just "a threat." Big difference between a threat and the greatest threat. Romney was correct that Russia was a concern, but wrong that they were the greatest threat. Obama was smart to use it against him. Romney wasn't as big a fool as he walked made to look, but that is how campaigns go.
So - what is the Greatest Threat, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Plastic Straws

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
The greatest threat at the moment from Russia is that whatever they have on Trump causes him to put Putin ahead of allies and u.s. intelligence. Trump in cahoots with Russia is a great threat, yes, but only The Simpsons could have predicted before 2016 that the traffic cone would become president. Romney wasn't that prescient.
Yep - 'cause the problem just materialized overnight.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: