View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 09:21 AM   #15
bassmaster
Dave's Guide Service

Quote:
Originally posted by fishweewee
So, BM, would be curious to know under what circumstances you would use a floating needle vs. a sinker? Sinkers are more versatile, no?
Yes a sinker is Bubba, But there are times when that floater in slow moving water will out produce anything.
Thats why I make Me own needles cause it gives Me an edge I can use to My advantage.
when You have a storm off shore and We get heavy surf.
a floater will fly right in to shore and a medium sinker will go slower But a heavy sinker will hold and put out and that May be the only time of Year it will or in heavy surf only.
I had a sandeel needle that sat all year in my bag and one night Mike Ya know Him Ben, (My best friend) We had 8' waves crashing right in front of us. The place has a steep drop off, well did last year.,.,
Any way 2 casts and 2 fish.
thats cause the lure could be punched out there and in fast water it held good (sinks like a Jig)
On a lure like that the counter weight was doubled to get the lure to ride right.
Ya gots to weight these things right if You want fish.
If it can cast a mile and go verticle in the water it aint gonna fly.
Oh Ya on them floaters they may want it almost dead drifted or super slow with minute action imparted.
And Yes color does matter I have a few plugs here that I make for My stash the same 2 colors But 1 night they will want the color that is the base coat only to have the next night the base coat is now the top coat/color on the other plug.
for You Guys out there this is all You need and I say this cause geting needles out of Me is like pulling teeth, I need to be cornerd like a wild animal
go out and Buy these, trust me I fish my ass off and know.
1) Gibbs needle fish in black and get the green back one to
2) Habs needle fish in olive and get the black and purple one
3) superstrike. I kile the transluc=sent green, lost mine a few years back and black and purple and the lime green one to
they have a ton of colors also
also Habs has other colors along with gibbs.
If You dont have faith in these lures then dont waste Your doe
they work

Pro Tool Club....
bassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote