View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
You said there was zero evidence. There is plenty of evidence that a substantial portion of the members of the tea party are racist. The party platform certainly would not be overtly racist. I think there are people in the tea party who are not racist. I think there is a higher percentage of tea party members that are racist than any other "major" political group.

Again, Jim in CT admits that he exagerates, but he can't seem to avoid using it--so I try to sift through the hyperbole to what is important. Now, it seems, that you like the use of a more slippery form of exageration--"plenty of evidence," not 100% of the evidence? . . . "substantial portion . . . are racist"--like, more than 25%, or more than the general population, or more than in the black, or latino, or asian communities, or in the white sector of the Democrat party? You "think" . . . "there is a higher percentage of tea party members that are racist than any other 'major' political group." Really? So is this a feeling, a thought, an intimation, a message in a dream or nightmare? How do you come by this?

As far as the second part... you mean "people" in general or only "blacks"? I am not sure why the policies described did that to blacks and not my parents or grandparents or me. If the policies of the liberals are so bad, why aren't we all on welfare knocking people up?
Blacks started in a big economic/psychological hole at the start of this country. Early on, they, fared better as citizens in the northern States, some did quite well. Even some in the South, who were not slaves did well. One of the biggest slave owners was black. The Civil War and its immediate aftermath saw a great and quick improvement of black society. Then, of course, the racist white backlash of Sourthern White Democrats (oops--Dixiecrats) put a stranglehold on that progress, though, economically, blacks in the north, though discriminated against, had gains. The aftermath of the great Society and its war on poverty helped, against its goals, to stagnate and reverse black gains.

Whites, on the other hand, as a race (not necessarily as individuals) started on top, and also gained with the economic growth that was provided with the originalist form of limited government based on regional and individual power. But the Great Society also affected the underclass of white society and expanded the numbers of that class. The growing unemployment, and poverty levels, and abortion levels, and welfare levels and broken family levels of white society is also expanding. But, starting from the top, the fall is not yet as great.